925 Precision Dr., Denton, TX 76207
Open for Faculty/Staff (Reuse/Drop Off) Mon-Thurs 8am-Noon...No appointment necessary!
Our "Tuesday Public Sale" will now be hosted online read UNT Surplus Sales below for more details.
UNT Surplus Campus Reuse (review guidelines bottom of page)
Our address is 925 Precision Dr. Denton TX 76207. ***Surplus does not deliver. Any items needing delivey will have to have a work order submitted to UNT Moving Services (there may be a charge from them).
Remote Work Items- Please contact your departments inventory coordiantor for items needed for remote work. That person can fill out a University Property Custody Reciept form (assetmanagement.unt.edu) for any items leaving the Surplus warehouse, if approved by your department. Items may be viewed before the UPCR is filled out, but the form must be sent to us at email@example.com before they are allowed to leave campus. The department will be responsible for keeping this form for their records as well as bringing the items back to campus once the person is brought back for full time work. Please contact us with any questions.
Fulltime remote UNT faculty/staff members may not use items from UNT Surplus.
Computer/Tagged Asset- If you are needing computers or tagged assets, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before coming to the warehouse as there is a different process for this need.
Student Workers- If you are a student worker needing items for campus re-use, please know your full time faculty/staff supervisor must give email permission for you to come pick out non-tagged items on thier behalf. They may send this to us at email@example.com before coming to the warehouse.
UNT Surplus Sales
Items that are not able to be re-used back on campus will be sold through an online auction company called Public Surplus! If you are interested in purchasing items seen formerly during the "Tuesday Public Sale" please check out publicsurplus.com to register and to see all details regarding the auction process! Keep in mind, we do not always have items up for auction, therefore if you do not see UNT-Denton listed as a vendor it means we do not have any current listings.
Surplus Pickup Request
UNT Surplus is conducting pickups for items submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org via a surplus pick-up request form on a first come, first serve basis. If you submitted any items before 3/01/2020, please re-evaluate your items and re-submit a new form to surplus. Please review the guidelines below before submitting your request as some things have changed. We have very limited staff on hand, so please be aware large pickups may need to go through UNT Moving Services or an outside moving company if a short time line is needed for removal. Thank you for your understanding!
Surplus Request Guidelines (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING A SURPLUS REQUEST)
- All requests must be submitted using the Surplus Request form and sent as an attachment to email@example.com. (We no longer accept hand written or faxed requests).
- Placing items in a hallway or dock area with a "Surplus" note will no longer be picked up by UNT Surplus without a submitted request form. It is recommended that items stay in place until removed.
- Requests will be handled in the order they are received. If you need items picked up on a certain day or time, please email us first to see if we will be available in the time frame needed.
- For large-scale requests (relocations, large quantities of furniture, lab equipment, etc.), may require the use of UNT Moving Services or an outside moving company.
- Requests labeled urgent will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Only items listed on the request form will be picked up. Please ensure that surplus items are easily identifiable and not mixed in with other items.
- Any request that has an asset on it must be checked off and signed by surplus personnel and a department representative. If a correction on the quantity, description, or tag number must be made on the form, we can either cross out the incorrect information and rewrite the adjustment to be initialed by the department and surplus representatives, or print a new form with the necessary corrections and attach it to the appropriate item(s).
- Asset numbers should be listed in the UNT Asset Tag# Column, and item descriptions in the description column.
- ONLY ONE ASSET NUMBER PER LINE -- If a request has more than one asset per line, it will be sent back to the department to be corrected. The only exception for this is if the asset has more than one number assigned to it (such as an asset tag and serial number, i.e.. 117845/DQHMM1).
- For computers -- all hard drives must be erased AND REMOVED when possible including laptops. If the hard drive is unable to be removed, it must be erased and reset to factory defaults prior to request submission (contact your department’s IT staff with any questions). You may send the removed hard drive(s) to surplus to be destroyed if needed.
- Surplus can only move items from the department to the surplus warehouse. Items moving from room to room or from the warehouse back to campus (after being reserved during a campus reuse showing) must be transported by the department or Moving Services.
- Surplus cannot take the following items:
- Chemicals o Paint
- Open printer toner cartridges
- Food/Beverage o Trash/Cardboard (contact Recycling)
- Glass, including: lab beakers, light bulbs, vases, glass tabletops, and mirrors
- Appliances with freon (all items with freon must be evacuated by facilities before they can be picked up)
- Furniture/equipment that were built or assembled on site, as well as oversized furniture items (at the discretion of surplus personnel)
- Any item that is attached to a wall, ceiling, or floor must be unattached before it can be removed. This also applies to items consisting of multiple units, such as L-shaped furniture, desks with hutches, or shelving taller than a standard doorway.
- Equipment must also be disconnected from any gas, water, or electrical lines.
- Please notate the measurements of furniture items (7’ bookcase, 3-drawer file cabinet, etc.), as well as if the items are on wheels. This helps us know what equipment to bring.
- If a pickup requires access to a secure/locked location, please notate it on the request form along with necessary contact information.
- For any questions regarding surplus pickup, please contact the surplus warehouse at (940) 369-7199.
Campus Reuse Guidelines:
- All property is offered to University of North Texas departmental personnel, UNT System personnel, or UNT Dallas Campus personnel and is for UNT/UNT System/UNT Dallas Campus use only.
All items must be logged out before any item can be taken from the UNT Surplus warehouse.
- Faculty and staff must present a UNT ID in order to remove items from surplus.
Grad Students, T.A's, or Research Assistants, are not permitted to remove any items from the warehouse unless they are either accompanied by fulltime faculty/staff personnel or a full time faculty/staff personnel must send an email stating authorization for them to take items back to campus for departmental needs this means that whoever is authorizing them is responsible for those items being taken.
If a tagged asset is needed then the personnel requesting it must bring the Charge of Accounts information with them along with the department custodial information for the asset(s) to be released.
- No items(s) may be taken from the UNT Surplus Warehouse and taken off Campus, the item must remain with the requesting department. (unless authorized for remote work and follow process above)
- Any department that wishes to remove items from surplus must do so with Surplus staff approval, or by submitting a work order with Moving Services by calling Work Control at 940-565-2700
- The property is offered on a “where is, as is” basis and without a warranty, either expressed or implied.
- General conditions of items may be: fair, poor, or dismantled for parts. Transportation of requested property will need to be arranged by the department.