925 Precision Drive, Denton, TX 76207
Open for Faculty/Staff (Reuse/Drop Off) and Auction pick up Mon-Thurs 8am-Noon - No appointment necessary!
UNT Surplus Item Disposition procedure
- Items for reuse are held for a period of time or as space is allowed to go back to campus in an effort to complete the life cycle of the item and save the department monies that would have been spent for new. Items for reuse are also made available for donation to certain groups. Computing devices and monitors do not go back on campus for reuse.
- Items for recycle may include metal objects not suitable for reuse or resale and sent to a local metal recycling plant. Certain electronic components including computing devices, hard drives, servers, batteries, televisions, lasers, etc. are sent to an 'e-recycler' for disposition in an environmentally friendly process. (Hard drives are no longer required to be DoD erased or SSD Secure erased or removed and destroyed by the department. These tasks will be performed by the 'e-recycler' which will provide Surplus with certificates of data destruction. Ensure computers are removed from software management tools such as Apple School Manager before sending to Surplus.)
- Items for resale are published through a third-party online auction company that is open to the general public. The auction company processes all financial transactions providing receipts to the winning bidder presented to Surplus personnel at time of pick up. Computing devices are not sold to the general public.
- Any other items that are determined to not be suitable for reuse, recycle, or resale are placed in the waste receptacle for delivery to a local landfill. An effort is made to make this minimal.
UNT Surplus Campus Reuse
If you are needing items (desks, chairs, filling cabinets, office supplies, shelving, decor, computer monitors, etc...) for your office or department and would like to view what items are available, at no charge from Surplus, please stop by the warehouse at 925 Precision Drive in Denton between 8am-Noon, Monday through Thursday.
***Surplus does not deliver. Any items needing delivery will have to have a work order submitted to UNT Moving Services (there may be a charge from them).
Fulltime remote - UNT faculty/staff members may not use items from UNT Surplus for full-time work from home position.
Tagged Asset - If you are needing tagged assets from surplus, please let us know as there is a unique process for this need.
Student Workers - If you are a student worker needing items for campus re-use, please know your full-time faculty/staff supervisor must give email permission for you to come pick out non-tagged items on their behalf. They may send this to us at email@example.com before coming to the warehouse.
UNT Campus Reuse Guidelines:
- All property is offered to University of North Texas departmental personnel, UNT System personnel, or UNT Dallas Campus personnel and is for UNT/UNT System/UNT Dallas Campus use only.
- All items must be logged out before any item can be taken from the UNT Surplus warehouse.
- Faculty and staff must present a UNT ID to remove items from surplus.
- Grad Students, T.A's, or Research Assistants, are not permitted to remove any items from the warehouse unless they are either accompanied by fulltime faculty/staff personnel or full-time faculty/staff personnel must send an email stating authorization for them to take items back to campus for departmental needs, this means that whoever is authorizing them is responsible for those items being taken.
- If a tagged asset is needed, then the personnel requesting it must bring the Charge of Accounts information with them along with the department custodial information for the asset(s) to be released.
- No items(s) may be taken from the UNT Surplus Warehouse and taken off Campus, the item must remain with the requesting department. (Unless authorized for temporary remote work and followed process above.)
- Any department that wishes to remove items from surplus must do so with Surplus staff approval, or by submitting a work order with Moving Services by calling Work Control at 940-565-2700 and arranged by the department.
- The property is offered on a “where is, as is” basis and without a warranty, either expressed or implied, working condition if often unknown.
UNT Surplus Public Auction Resale
Items that are not reused back on campus will be sold through a third-party online auction company called Public Surplus. If you are interested in purchasing these surplus items, formerly seen during the "Tuesday Public Sale", please check out publicsurplus.com to register and to see all details regarding the auction process! Keep in mind, we do not always have items up for auction, therefore if you do not see any current auctions under the University of North Texas agency it means we do not have any current listings.
UNT Surplus Request (E-Form here)
Asset Management's Surplus department will arrange for the pickup and removal of capital/controlled, (tagged) assets in EIS, designated as surplus at no cost to the requesting department. A submitted Surplus Request (assets only) E-Form will initiate the pickup of the assets. If you have items with NTSU tags or standard furniture that has a UNT tag, please ensure this tag number is a valid tag still on inventory in the EIS system. Tagged assets may also be delivered directly to the Surplus warehouse Mon-Thurs 8-Noon with a completed Surplus Request (assets only) E-Form must be presented via email or in hand to accept delivery. You can submit an electronic Surplus Request online.
UNT Surplus will conduct pickups for controlled/capital assets submitted electronically on a first come, first serve basis. Please review the guidelines below before submitting your request as some things have changed.
All other non-asset, (not tagged) items not in EIS, needing to be moved to the Surplus Warehouse can be delivered directly to the Surplus Warehouse by the submitting department Mon-Thurs 8am-Noon, or could be performed by UNT Moving Services by submitting a work request, or by an outside moving company at the departments expense.
UNT Surplus Request Guidelines: (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING A SURPLUS REQUEST)
- All requests must be submitted using the appropriate Surplus Request E-Form. (Surplus does not accept handwritten or faxed requests). Please Note: this form is required for ANY items being submitted to surplus including motor pool items (vehicles, trailers, boats, golf carts etc...) All motor pool items must go to UNT Automotive before arriving at the Surplus warehouse but will still require a completed Surplus Request (assets only) E-Form processed to UNT Surplus from the owning department.
- Placing items in a hallway or dock area with a "Surplus" note will no longer be picked up by UNT Surplus without a submitted e-form. It is recommended that items stay in place until removed.
- Requests will be handled in the order they are received. If you need items picked up on a certain day or time, please email us first to see if we will be available in the time frame needed.
- Requests labeled urgent will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Only items listed on the request e-form will be picked up. Please ensure that surplus items are easily identifiable and not mixed in with other items.
- Any request that has an asset on it must be checked off and signed by surplus personnel and a department representative. If a correction on the quantity, description, or tag number must be made on the form, we can cross out the incorrect information and rewrite the adjustment to be initialed by the department and surplus representatives.
- Asset tag numbers must be listed if available in the UNT Asset Tag # Column, and item descriptions in the description column.
- ONLY ONE ASSET NUMBER PER LINE -- If a request has more than one asset per line, it will be sent back to the department to be corrected. The only exception for this is if the asset has more than one number assigned to it (such as an asset tag and serial number, i.e., 117845/DQHMM1).
- For computers -- hard drives are no longer required to be DoD erased or SSD Secure erased or removed and destroyed by the department. These tasks will be performed by the 'e-recycler' which will provide Surplus with certificates of data destruction. Ensure computers are removed from software management tools such as Apple School Manager before sending to Surplus.
- Surplus does not move items from room to room or from the warehouse back to campus. These must be transported by the department or Moving Services.
- Any item that is attached to a wall, ceiling, or floor must be unattached before it can be removed.
- If a pickup requires access to a secure/locked location, please notate it on the request form along with necessary contact information.
- For any questions regarding surplus pickup, please contact the surplus warehouse at (940) 369-7199.
- “Materials or equipment that can be used for instructional purposes by a public school or school district or an assistance organization designated by the school district”, (non-profit tax-exempt 501(c)(3), can be directly transferred at the consideration of UNT Asset Management per Texas code 2175.304(b)(c).
- Any of the above stated entities may contact UNT Surplus by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-369-7199 to inquire about any usable equipment UNT Surplus may have on hand at the time of the request.
- If it is determined UNT Surplus has materials or equipment that is usable for the school or school district, the materials will be transferred, "at a price or for other consideration to which the system, institution, or agency and the public school or school district or the assistance organization agree or for no consideration as the system, institution, or agency determines appropriate", per Texas code 2175.304(b).